Monday, August 31, 2015

Percolate

Percolate is Jade Vixen's sister. Percolate and Jade couldn't be more different than each other in real life– ironically they often look remarkably similar in my images of them. That probably has more to do with the fact that I like to create personas in my images- many of the people that I photograph are often portrayed as more of a reflection of myself than themselves. Most people that I photograph are typically a little taken aback when they see my images of themselves (in a good way)– even though they were there for the shoot! They simply are not used to looking at themselves in the way that I portray them. My images are an illusion rather than a mirror. I've photographed Percolate many times, and I typically have created glamorous pictures involving elaborate makeup with her- because she's actually very laid back and doesn't really wear makeup. These images are a little closer to her actual personality, but they are still definitely a persona...












No comments:

Post a Comment