Friday, June 10, 2011

Izzy & Chelsea

For a while now, I've had this LARGE coffee table book on Pro Wrestling in my library of photo books. I never forget just how large it is, mostly due to fact that I carried it all around Boston after buying it at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. It is half made up of 70's to 80's male wrestlers, and the other half is nude women "wrestlers" shot in Atlantic City hotel rooms in the 70's. Since the cover is an image of the women "wrestlers", it tends to get quite some attention. Everyone seems to be at least amused by it, although some absolutely love it. I've been meaning to do a shoot based on it for years, and I finally got around to it a few weeks ago. The results are only loosely based on it, mostly because the book's images are very amateurish. Not that that is a bad thing- they are amateurish in a spectacularly awesome way. I just wanted to take the idea, and do it in my own style. More interpretations will probably soon follow...










No comments:

Post a Comment